CALLING ALL BANDS WITHIN A 40 MILE RADIUS OF THE HARD ROCK Cafe AT STATION SQUARE PITTSBURGH!
CASH PRIZES - EDGE OF THE X STUDIO TIME - GIGS - STUDIO RECORDING TIME - HARD ROCK CAFE GIFT CERTIFICATES - TROPHIES
(For complete list of prizes see official rules)
Deadline to enter is Friday, January 11, 2013 at 11:59pm.
Thursdays: Jan 31 - Feb 7 - Feb 14
8:00 pm / Show 8:30 pm approx.
(5 Bands Each Night - 20 minute set / 15 minute changeover)
All Backline Provided
Band Members Age: 18+ Audience Age: Limited All Ages
Friday, February 22
(4 Bands - 35 minute set / 15 minute changeover)
8:30 pm / Show 9 pm approx.
All Backline Provided (bands can bring guitar heads, snare and thrones)
Band Members Age: 18+ Audience Age: 21+
A $150 cash prize will be awarded each night of the semi-finals to the crowd favorite.
(Overall combined crowd and judges winner moves on to the final showcase February 22, 2013.)
GRAND PRIZE: (1st Place)
- $1,000.00 CASH
- A $1,150 Recording Package from Treelady Studios includes a full lock out day of recording, mixing for up to 3 songs, and more***
- Featured spot on "The Edge of The X"
- Return opportunity at the Hard Rock Cafe
- Music Video from Altar TV***
- Drusky Entertainment Opening Slot: Drusky Entertainment will add your band on as an opening act to a national act’s show playing a Pittsburgh date. Show to be worked out by winning band and Drusky Entertainment.
- Opportunity to have a record representative at the finals on February 22, 2013 that will give some quick critiques and advice to the winning act and an opportunity to give/send the record rep a press kit/CD.
*** ALTAR TV TERMS & CONDITIONS:
At the finals on February 22, 2013 a trophy will be handed out to each the "Fan Favorite" and "Judges Favorite" along with a Hard Rock Cafe gift certificate.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these rules. It is understood that these Rules and Regulations and dates are subject to change. A final hard copy of the rules will be provided by the Hard Rock Cafe - Pittsburgh on or before the first round of performances. Neither the Sponsors nor anyone acting on their behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Contest other than for finalist or winner notifications. By entering, each band member warrants and represents that the band and its members are not currently under a recording contract and that the band's entry composition is original (i.e., not a cover), does not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entering band members further warrant and represent that the band has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced in the band's recorded entry and agrees that Sponsors and their designees shall have, without limitation, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to record, adapt, modify and exploit the entry, and the recording and composition embodied therein for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other purposes as Sponsors may determine without further consideration to the relevant band or its members. No transfer, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes except by Sponsors due to prize availability and then for a prize of equal or greater value. If the scheduled Hard Rock Cafe / 105.9 The X Winter Rock Showcase is canceled for any reason, all entries will be voided. Taxes on prizes and any other expenses associated with prize not explicitly stated herein are sole responsibility of the individual winners. Entrants agree that: (1) Sponsors and their designees shall have the right and permission to use (if a winner) entrant's name, CD recording, and photograph or likeness, as well as entrant's voice and city of residence for advertising, publicity, trade and/or other purpose without additional compensation (unless prohibited by law); and (2) Sponsors, the participating local radio station and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retail locations, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage to entrants or any other person or entity, including personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes (including without limitation, the activities associated with performing in this showcase or travel related thereto or participation in this showcase).
*** TREELADY STUDIOS TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- A $1,150 Recording Package that includes:
- A pre production planning meeting with Treelady Staff (valued at $50)
- A Full Lock out day of recording (valued at $450)
- Mixing for up to 3 songs (with up to 2 rounds of revisions, valued at $450)
- Mastering for up to 3 songs (with up to 2 rounds of revisions, valued at $200)
Our terms for the winning band are:
- Winner must claim the prize within 6 months of the Challenge Finals, and use the prize within 1 year of the final contest date.
- Prize is not transferable.
- Lock out day requires $100 deposit (local check), which will be returned to winner (un-cashed) if they show up for the appointment.
- Winner may choose to use $1000 studio credit at Treelady Studios for Mixing, Mastering, for a larger project.
- Prize may not be combined with other awards, please contact us with any questions.
- A $2,500 Live Music Video that includes:
- Multi-cam HD video shoot of a single song from the live performance
- Live audio edited & mixed for the video
- Full video post-production, editing and finishing
- Video shoot to take place in the Pittsburgh region at a mutually agreed upon date and venue location (as part of a regularly scheduled show of the artist)
- Shoot must take place within one year of winning the prize
- Prize is inclusive of a live song shoot only (no additional scenes beyond live performance)
- $2,500 value can be used toward complete music video shoot (Total budget TBD depending on creative)
- Prize is not transferable to any other artist or entity.