Contest Name: WXDX/Pittsburgh Penguins /Dr Pepper Snapple Group “Cap Trick” Sweepstakes (the “Contest”)
Station(s): WXDX/The X 105.9 (the “Station”)
Station(s) Address: 200 Fleet Street Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Telephone: (412) 937-1441
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may conduct the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed above.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin on September 7, 2010 at 6am and ends on or about May 28, 2011 at 11:59pm.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Contest is open to Residents of PA/OH/ WV only. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
B. How to Enter:
Look for your official WXDX/Pittsburgh Penguins/DPSG Cap Trick game piece under the Caps of specially marked 20 Ounce Bottles of the Following Flavors: RC Cola, 7UP, Canada Dry Ginger Ale, A&W Root Beer, Diet A&W Root Beer, A&W Cream Soda, Sunkist Orange, Diet Sunkist Orange, Hawaiian Punch and Welch’s Grape Soda. To order a Bottle Cap without Purchase mail a self addressed padded stamped envelope to: WXDX/Pittsburgh Penguins/DPSG Cap Trick c/o WXDX, 200 Fleet Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15220. One Bottle Cap per Week per Household can be ordered. You can also enter by going to the WXDX Website: WXDX.com proceed to the ‘Everything Pens Page,” and register to win Bottle Caps from the Tim Benz Morning Show on WXDX-105.9 FM. Each week the Tim Benz Morning Show will pick one winner from the on-line entries and will give away a Container with Bottle Caps from the (10) specified Brands consumed by the WXDX Air Staff throughout the week. The Caps can be used to enter the contest. (There is no guarantee that a winning phrase will be among the Caps that will be given away). Contestants must be 18 or Older to Participate.
How to Play: Collect the official words/numbers found on official WXDX/Pittsburgh Penguins/DPSG games pieces and complete One (1) of the Seven (7) character combinations listed below, to be eligible to win the Weekly Prizes. Once you have one of the correct combinations go to PittsburghPenguins.com/captrick and click on the Game Entry Button which will direct you to the “Everything Pens” Page on the WXDX website for you to complete and print out the “Official Game Entry.” Send the completed “Official Game Entry” along with the Caps with one of the Winning Phrases to WXDX/Pittsburgh Penguins/DPSG Cap Trick c/o WXDX, 200 Fleet Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15220. (Contestanst entering the contest from receiving Caps as Prize from the The WXDX Moning Show-(Tim Benz) will also have to complete an “Official Game Entry” Form). Beginning Friday October 1, 2010 and continuing through every subsequent Friday until Friday May 27, 2011. (3) Winners will be chosen from all the correct entries to win One (1) of Three (3) “High Level Prizes. If a portion of the (3) High Level Prizes are not awarded then however many “High Level Prizes” are left, they will then be given away the following week along with that week’s “High Level Prizes.” Any Prizes left over at the end of the Contest will be awarded through a Random Drawing of all Runner Up Qualifiers with Correct Phrases who were not chosen as “High Level Prize” Winners. All other contestants who have mailed in a Completed Entry and Caps with a Correct Winning Phrase will receive a Consolation Prize. Participants, who win, cannot win again until 30 Days have elapsed from the date they have previously won. The following are the Winning Phrases that will be accepted for the contest: 1. Lets Go Pens (3 Caps) 2. Power Play Goal (3 Caps) 3. Going To The Penalty Box (5 Caps) 4. He Shoots and Scores (4 Caps) 5. A Great Day for Hockey (5 Caps) 6. Cap Trick (2 Caps) 7. 1059 The X Morning Show (4 Caps).
The winner must possess a valid photo ID and Proof of Insurance to obtain the prize upon picking it up. Other personal information may be required upon claiming of prize.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
Prize: High Level Prizes will either be Tickets to Pittsburgh Penguins Home Games in the 2010/2011 Season, Tickets to Non-Hockey Events at Consol Energy Center, Autographed Pittsburgh Penguins Merchandise or $100 Gift Cards. Consolation Prize will be Coupons for Free 12 Packs of DPSG Brand Product.
TOTAL Value: TBD at time of Redemption
Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Company and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA). A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Only one (1) prize per household from any of the Company’s stations within any thirty (30) day period. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms is permitted.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Station’s address, listed above. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of the Station during regular business hours, or send a self addressed stamped envelope with contest name to Clear Channel Radio Contesting, 1906 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45219.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.